Contact – For families with disabled children
Brief description of what services your organisation offers
Contact provides information, advice and support to families caring for children and young people with disabilities or additional needs. We have up to date information on local services and sources of support for families with disabled children.
Where does your service take place.
Across the South East area
What the organisation provides
- Free information workshops for groups of parent carers
- Local information on local services, sources of further and specialist advice and support
- Information guides on everyday living such as financial help and benefits, accessing help and support, play and leisure activities for families and education, health and social care services.
- Ways to meet other local parents through support groups, meetings, workshops and events.
- Free information sessions for professionals working with families with disabled children
- Resources for professionals, to help them point families to local services
- Advice, information and how to access local support is provided by our helpline
Contact have produced a guide for parents and you can get a free copy here
Who can use the service?
Parents and Carers of disabled children and Professionals
How can this service be accessed?
To make a complaint:
Tel: 0808 808 3555
Or you can write to:
209-211 City Road
London EC1V 1JN