Devonshire Inclusion Centre – Communication and Interaction
About our school
The Inclusion Centre for children with communication and interaction needs, including social communication difficulties is an integral part of Devonshire Infant School. It caters for up to 8 children between 4 and 7 years of age who have communication and interaction needs, including social communication difficulties.
The Inclusion Centre caters for children in Years R, 1 and 2 offering assessment and individually tailored educational programmes.
The provision caters for pupils with :
• Learning difficulties.
• Developmental delay in one or more areas.
• Delay in language development and/or co-ordination difficulties, perceptual motor skills etc.
• Associated behaviour and adjustment difficulties such as poor concentration span, poor social skills. These behaviour difficulties may have an impact on learning or result from lack of success in learning.
Details of the school’s SEN Information Report can be found on their website by clicking here
Who is able to attend our school?
Children placed at the provision will:
• Have significant learning needs in one or more areas identified as above
• Be in National Curriculum years R, 1 or 2
How do we make sure we provide a quality education for SEND Children?
• National standards as monitored through Ofsted inspections which are available on the school’s website.
• Local Authority monitoring of pupil progress.
How to get a place at the school?
Through the Inclusion Support Panel
Who to contact if you are unhappy with the school or to make a complaint
Initially in writing to the Headteacher of the school. Further information on the complaints procedure can be obtained from the school.
Who to contact for further information
Please visit the website at: https://www.devonshire.portsmouth.sch.uk/