The Harbour Vocational Centre @ The Vanguard
Name of your service/organisation
The Harbour Vocational Centre
What service, support or interventions do you offer?
- A broad and varied Vocational Curriculum and core subjects (English, Maths and Emotional Literacy)
- Differentiated pathways based on learner needs
- Highly individualised learning programmes
- Small class sizes with a high staff to learner ratio
- SEAL (Social and Emotional Aspects of Learning) taught explicitly in lessons
- Targeted group and individual mentoring
- Outreach education for those not yet able to access provision onsite
- Positive Behaviour for Learning Policy (Behavioural Support)
- Nurture group
- Responsive Pastoral Team
- Careers advice
- Work experience
- Highly skilled staff trained in de-escalation techniques, PACE Approach, Trauma Recovery and Attachment difficulties
- Dyslexia Screening
Where does your service take place?
Harbour Vocational Centre @ The Vanguard
Who can access your service?
Key Stage 4 Provision for learners with Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) needs, who are permanently excluded from mainstream school, or at risk of exclusion, and for learners with EHCPs identifying SEMH needs.
Alternative Provision (AP) and Special Educational Needs (SEN) placements.
Learners can be single or dual registered.
How can someone access your service?
Learners are referred to The Harbour School through the Inclusion Support Panel (ISP).
What will the cost be?
Funding arrangements are through commissioned places plus a ‘top up’ paid either by the dual registered school or, in the case of a single registered learner, by the Local Authority.
What do you expect children, young people and their families to gain from using your service?
Accreditation in Functional Skills, GCSEs, BTECs, and a variety of other Level 1 qualifications and AQA Unit Awards.
Improved Social, Emotional and Mental Health
Successful progression to post 16 education.
Who can I contact for further information or if I needed to make a complaint.
Further information: Kim Budd, Assistant Head Teacher, email@example.com or 023 9266 5664 option 4
Complaints to Ian Hunkin, Head of School, firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 023 9266 5664