Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Team ( SEND) – EHCP and Annual Review
Special Educational Needs and Disabilities ( SEND) Team
What is the role of the SEND Team
The SEND Team are responsible for:
- Guiding settings and parents to the right provision at SEN Support level. Directing them to the Local Offer to find more information on the services available
- Supporting settings and parents to provide the right information if an EHC needs assessment request is made
- Coordinating the 20-week process, liaising with settings, parent carers, Young people and other professionals
- Writing EHC plans
- Attending EHC plan review meetings, including at critical points such as change in phase of education
- Supporting settings and families with phase transfer
- Working Co-productively throughout the process with families.
A SEND Advisor is allocated to an area of the city. They follow the same guidance to ensure that responsibilities are carried out consistently across Portsmouth.
Where a child/young person is home educated or educated out of county, they will be allocated to an SEND Advisor based on their home address.
SEND Advisors are part of the three locality hubs in Portsmouth:
Each hub has an allocated Team Leader and Casework Assistant.
All written correspondence should be sent to:
Portsmouth City Council
Inclusion Service: SEN Team
Floor 2, Civic Offices,
Portsmouth, PO1 2EA.