Roof Raisers Hangouts
Brief description of your service
For many years we have been working with children and young people who have complex needs.
Over the years, we have been listening to parents, and we understand the struggles families often face when it comes to taking their child out and about, and the feelings of social isolation that can develop as a result.
We’ve heard that families would value an accessible space where they can simply meet and chat, and where their children can enjoy a relaxed and welcoming environment with activities to suit their needs.
What service, support or interventions do you offer?
- an informal meet up once a month for a chance for parents to meet other parents of children/young adults with Profound Moderate Learning Difficulties
- to share relevant information
- include siblings in activities set up for the whole family
Where does your service take place?
Kings Church Portsmouth, Somers Road, Southsea, PO5 4QA.
The groups are in the church hall and the entrance is on Fraser Road.
Who can access your service?
Children with complex needs/Profound Moderate Learning Difficulties aged 0 – 25 and their families.
How can someone access your service?
The hangouts happen every 4th Saturday of the month between 10am -12. You can just turn up on the day or send us an email to let us know you are coming.
What will the cost be?
What do you expect children, young people and their families to gain from using your service?
- for the whole family to get an opportunity to meet others outside of their social groups
- to access activities in a safe environment
- for parents and siblings to be able to talk to other families in the same situation
- to get children with Profound Moderate Learning Difficulties out into the community, joining in, in a purposeful group
- for families to feel less isolated
Who can I contact for further information or if I needed to make a complaint?