Portsmouth School Nursing Service
Brief description of what services your organisation offers
Solent NHS Trust School Nurses work in local authority schools to undertake School Health Questionnaires and the National Child Measurement Programme (NCMP) Screening in Year R and NCMP in Year 6. Our role is to support the health and well being of school age children by promoting good health to enable children to reach their full potential. We also deliver some of the childhood vaccinations including Nasal Flu vaccine to infant and junior school children and Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) to all year 8 girls within Portsmouth city including those attending Private Schools.
Where the service is based
We work across all schools in Portsmouth often meeting families in schools, family hubs or where necessary, at the child’s home.
What the organisation provides – types of interventions and support
- National child measurement programme (NCMP)
- Assessment of School Entry Health Questionnaires
- Emotional wellbeing support Young People
- School age immunisation schedule
- Bedwetting advice
- Constipation and soiling advice and support
- Support and advice healthy weight growth and development
- Healthy sleep routine information and advice
- 1 to 1 sessions with Young People following referral
- Support with complex health needs
- Individual care plans for children
- Parenting advice and signposting
- Help if parents are worried about their child’s health
- Adherence to safeguarding and child protection policies and guidance
- School drop-ins
Who can access the service?
Children who live and attend a school within Portsmouth city. Children who are educated at home can also access our service.
Quality standards and expected outcomes for children and young people and their families accessing your services
Our service adheres to both national and local policy and guidelines. All our care pathways are evidence based. We value and seek children, young people and parent’s views on our service by offering the opportunity for feedback through evaluations and friends and family questionnaires.
How can this service be accessed?
Direct Dial: 0300 1236629
How and who to make a complaint to
Cheryl Bleach, Clinical Team Co-Ordinator School Nursing
Tel: 0300 1236629
(PALS) and Complaints Services
Tel: 0800 013 2319