Owen’s Party for Autistic Children
Owen’s Party has been started to allow children aged 5-12 with Autism* to come to a party, to enjoy the experience, socialise and have fun.
* Your child does not have to have a formal diagnosis.
* All children must be accompanied by a Parent/Carer
Autistic children can become isolated and depressed. Parents and Carers can experience difficulties and lack support. It is our aim that these parties will help both children/adults to make friends, share ideas and create a support group in the local community.
NOT RESTRICTED TO LOCAL AREA WE SERVE THE HAMPSHIRE AREA.
This is why and how Owen’s Party was born. Our aim is to fulfil the following:
• Enable autistic children excluded from social gatherings to attend a party
• Enable children to gain confidence and learn to socialise with peers
• Most important, that it brings them joy, fun and the opportunity to be a child
• Parent/Carers can share ideas and form a support network in their community
Our parties will be designed with the autistic child’s need at the centre. Discos or soft play centres do not always suit an autistic child. Loud noise, dark spaces and uncontrolled play can be very frightening.
On our website, you will find all the information and what to expect for the next party. Some autistic children need to know this in advance to help their anxieties. We will aim to have this in place 4 weeks before the party date. A typical party may include the following:
• Different tables of activities such as brick building and arts/crafts.
• 30 minutes of organised activity and party games.
• Enclosed garden for those who need to run and need to use up some energy.
• A separate quiet area with sensory lights for those who need some quiet time.
• There may be disco lights and led colour changing lights and calm background music.
• A light finger buffet for children at the end to enjoy with friends.
• Tea/Coffee facilities for Parent/Carers.
• A small gift to take home
The parties take place every two months at:
Priory Park Community Hall
Upper Brook Drive
To find out more about the parties, including costs and dates visit the website at: https://owensparty.co.uk/
Contact Name: Alaya
Telephone: 07527 387558