Milton Park Inclusion Centre – Communication and Interaction
The inclusion centre offers 16 places for children with social, communication and interaction difficulties . Children are taught across two classes and are supported to take part in the mainstream life of the school and access a broad curriculum as well as accessing a range of small group intervention to develop their social and emotional skills.
- Have an Education Health and Care Plan or will be undergoing the Statutory Assessment process.
- Be in the age range 6- 11 (National Curriculum Years 2 – 6)
- Have communication and interaction difficulties as their primary SEN
- Demonstrate the potential to be included in some aspects of a mainstream classroom.
- In addition to their primary need, children placed within the inclusion centre, may have associated difficulties in learning, emotional development, self confidence, self esteem, motivation and behaviour.