Inclusion Outreach Service
The outreach support is available to all mainstream schools, delivered by a range of professionals from a partnership of services including MABS, Solent Academies Trust, Children’s Therapy Service, and experienced Outreach SENCOs from mainstream schools in the city.
The revised Portsmouth Inclusion Outreach offer as of September 2020 includes:
- Specialist advice for school staff working with individuals or groups of children and young people
- Telephone line / email for general advice and enquiries
- Professional development – central and bespoke
- Support for staff working with children on the waiting list for specialist provision
- Support for staff working with a child transitioning back to mainstream
- Peer support from experienced mainstream SENCOs (or SENCO cover)
- Action Learning Sets for senior leadership teams or other groups of staff
- Guidance and support with the Portsmouth Inclusive Education Quality Mark
- Team around the school – multi-agency support, working in partnership with a school senior leadership team to implement interventions at a systemic level
In addition, this year we will be offering:
- Support, advice and resources for school-based loss and bereavement champions
- Specialist advice to create SLCN / sensory friendly environments within mainstream settings
The 2021 training offer for professionals from the Inclusion Outreach Service can be viewed here.