Dynamite, the voice of young people in Portsmouth with a disability or special educational need
What do we do?
Dynamite’s job is to make sure that young people with a disability or special educational need have a say in how services for young people are run.
There are lots of ways that we do this including:
- Pizza evenings, where we talk about a different topic each time
- Young Inspectors, where young people are paid to visit services on the Local Offer and say what is good about a service, and how that service could be better.
- Training days, we have run training for people who work with young people.
- Surveys, we use surveys to find out what young people in Portsmouth think
- Meetings, we attend meetings with decision makers so that they can hear young people’s voices. We also have a small core group who meet monthly to discuss issues and plan the work which Dynamite do.
Is it suitable for anyone?
Anyone can join Dynamite as long as they are:
- Aged 14 to 25
- Have a disability or special educational need
- Use services like schools, colleges, or doctors in Portsmouth
How do I get involved?
You can email, text or phone us and we will let you know about our next event, or we can arrange for you to come in and meet us. Our email is firstname.lastname@example.org and our phone number is 07905 682886. Further information can be found on our website page at: http://www.p-d-f.org.uk/en/dynamite
Where is it?
We are based at the Frank Sorrell Centre on Prince Albert Road in Eastney.
How do you get there?
You can get the Number 2 or Number 1 bus, to Eastney Health Centre or there is parking onsite.
Is there a cost to join?
Dynamite is always free.
What should we expect from the staff?
Staff are friendly, welcoming, and can help support young people.
Let us know if there is something which we can do to make it easier for you to attend our events. We cannot help with personal care, but young people are always welcome to bring a parent, carer or assistant who might help them.
I have something to say
If there is something which you think Dynamite should be talking about, then email us and we can raise the issue in our core group.
If there is a problem with Dynamite or you would like to make a complaint then you can email Linda at Linda.Cantillon-Guyatt@p-d-f.org.uk or telephone 023 9281 5266 or visit website: http://www.p-d-f.org.uk/