Coronavirus Government Guidance
This page has been created to keep you updated with the latest documents and advice sent from central government. This information is changing quickly so please keep checking back for the latest updates. To read all of the latest Covid-19 government guidance click here.
Most children and Young people are now back in an education setting. It continues to be a time of uncertainty and the DfE continue to share guidance and advice as we move forward.
An open letter to children and young people with SEND, their Families and others who support them from Vicky Ford, PUSS for Children and Families. November 2020
- On Saturday 31 October, the Prime Minister announced New National Restrictions which came into force on Thursday 5 November until Wednesday 2 December to control the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19). Click here to read the full letter from Vicky Ford
Government Guidance : Guidance for full opening: Special Schools and other specialist settings.
- Specific advice on approaches for reducing the risk of transmission of coronavirus (COVID-19) and other operational considerations that special educational settings should follow ( updated 5th Nov 2020) . Click here to read the full guidance
Government COVID-19: guidance on supporting children and young people’s mental health and wellbeing
- Advice for parents and carers on looking after the mental health and wellbeing of children or young people during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.. Click here to read the guidance
Press release – Extra support for schools and parents to help cope with coronavirus
- The Government has announced a package of support, including additional funding and high-quality resources, to help schools deal with the challenges posed by coronavirus. For further information click here.
- Guidance on creating a support bubble for those with children : Click here to read.
Government Guidance on Free School meals ( for schools).
- This guidance will help schools and local authorities to continue providing free school meals during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Government Guidance on Vulnerable Children and Young People.
- The government has realised new guidance on vulnerable children and young people. This includes information on those who have education health and care plans ( EHCPs).
You can read the whole document by clicking here.
Covid-19: guidance on social distancing and for vulnerable people
- Guidance on social distancing for everyone in the UK, including children, and protecting older people and vulnerable people. This includes easy read versions and a selection of guides in different languages.
Covid-19: guidance for households with possible coronavirus infection
- Stay at home guidance for households with possible coronavirus (COVID-19) infection.