Childrens Continence Service
Brief description of what services your organisation offers
The aim of the service is to provide a locality based multi-disciplinary team approach offering assessment, diagnosis, treatment and management for families with a child or young person with continence problems.
Where does your service take place?
The Children’s Continence Service is a Nurse Led Service covering clinics at Battenburg in Portsmouth. The Team at present comprises of one Specialist Children’s Continence Nurse. Advice support and care is provided both on a face to face basis within a clinical setting, as well as by phone contact.
What service, support or interventions do you offer?
A full bladder and bowel assessment is carried out when seen in clinic and an individual care package will be implemented following this.
Our service accepts referrals for:
- Nocturnal (night time) Enuresis (wetting)
- Diurnal (day time) Enuresis (wetting)
- Frequency and urgency of micturition
- Faecal Incontinence (soiling)
Please click on the links below to see information regarding our Portsmouth pathway:
Who can access this service?
The age ranges accepted by the service:
- Children/young people aged 2 to 19 years with constipation and soiling, 4 to 19 years with day wetting, frequency and urgency, and 5 to 19 years with night wetting.
- Young people with learning difficulties can be seen up to the age of 25 years.
How can this service be accessed?
- Referrals will be accepted from all healthcare professionals including: consultants (acute and community) GP’s, health visitors and school nurses and those from social services.
- Parents can re-refer themselves if it is within six months of their discharge.
Who to contact for further information?
Tel: 0300 123 3797
Further information can be found on ERIC The Childrens Bowel and Bladder Charity https://www.eric.org.uk/