Autism Alert App – Autism Hampshire
Autism Alert App
Autism Hampshire provides the Autism Alert App, which enables people who have autism to share information about their autism and support their autism. These can be used by young people and adults who live in Hampshire (including Southampton, Portsmouth and Isle of Wight)
- The App is held on a Smart Phone. You can also have an alert card.
- If you would like an Autism Alert App contact Community Access, Autism Hampshire for an application form. (details at the bottom of the page)
- You can decide which information goes on your App and who sees it.
- Information you chose to include might be emergency contact details, information about how your autism affects your communication or sensory issues you may have.
- Autism Hampshire hold your details on a secure central database and you can ask them to add or change your details.
- Hampshire Police Officers and other emergency service personnel receive autism and alert card/app awareness training.
- The app can also be used to explain your autism to any professional, family member or friend you chose to share it with.
- The app is part of the Autism Alert programme which includes the Autism Alert card and car sticker.
Smart Phone Loan
If you would like to be able to use Apps but don’t have a smart phone, Autism Hampshire have a limited supply of smart phones which you may be able to borrow at very low cost. Anyone who is over 18, has autism and who lives in Southampton, Hampshire, Isle of Wight or Portsmouth is eligible to apply. Each application will be reviewed by an independent panel and you will be informed of the panel’s decision within 6 weeks of applying. For more information or to apply for a smart phone loan, contact Community Access Autism Hampshire.
Community Access – Portsmouth,
Frank Sorrell Centre, Prince Albert Road,
Southsea, Hampshire, PO4 9HR
Tel: 02392 814 723