Free School Meals
From September 2014 all children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 in state-funded schools in England will receive free school meals. Existing entitlements to free school meals for disadvantaged pupils in nursery classes and at key stages 2-4 will continue as before.
Parent/carers of children who are entitled to any of the following benefits are entitled to free school meals:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit only, provided your annual household income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) does not exceed £16,190. Anyone entitled to Working Tax Credits not entitled to free meals regardless of income
- Working Tax Credit run-on-paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
The application form to apply for free school meals is available to download below. Alternatively parents/carers can apply on line using the following link to PCC’s website https://www.portsmouth.gov.uk/ext/schools/school-meals.aspx
Alternatively you can collect a form from your child’s school, phone 023 9283 4962 or collect one from Portsmouth City Council Civic Offices, Guildhall Square, Portsmouth, PO1 2EA.
Please click here to download the Application Form
E- mail completed forms to email@example.com or post it to the address above (Civic Offices) or return it to your child’s school and they will send it on for you.
How Universal Credit may affect free school meals – please click here to view the factsheet on this.
Tel: 023 9283 4962 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org,