Skip to content

Share this page

Share this article on Facebook Tweet this article on Twitter Share this article on Linkedin

Help with Travel in Portsmouth City

Travel Training

If you are in college or school you can speak to your tutor and ask for some Travel help. In Portsmouth City some schools and colleges offer travel training as part of a course.

Speak to your college or school about Travel Training.

To find out more visit the Independent Travel Training Page

Disabled person's bus pass

Disabled Person’s bus pass

If you have a disability or need, you may be able to get a Disabled Person’s Bus Pass. This is a pass which lets you travel for free at any time of the day on a bus.

There is a criteria (set of rules you have to meet) to get a disabled person’s bus pass in Portsmouth. You will have to show proof of your disability when you apply.

You can find out more and apply for a bus pass by visiting the Portsmouth City Council website. 

If you want to speak to someone about a disabled person’s bus pass you can contact someone from that team using theses details:

Home to school transport

If your child has an EHCP they may be eligible for home to school transport support. For more information about eligibility and how to apply see the Portsmouth City Council website.  

If your child is eligible for a Personal Transport Budget, you can find out more by downloading our Transport Budgets information guide

You can also find the answers to some frequently asked questions about the Portsmouth Transport Prepaid Card.



Travelling around Portsmouth City Frequently Asked Questions

I need someone to accompany me on public transport, can they get discounted travel?

In some circumstances, carers can apply for a companion pass.  There is criteria which you must meet to apply for this pass which can be found on the Portsmouth City council website 

Are the buses in Portsmouth accessible for young people with disabilities?

The main bus providers in the Portsmouth area are Stagecoach and First Bus. Please visit their websites for the latest information.


First Bus

Can a young person get help with transport to and from college?

City of Portsmouth College and Havant and South Downs College provide a range of discounted travel options. For the latest information see their websites:

City of Portsmouth College

Havant and Southdowns College 


Independent Travel Training

You can use the documents in the drop down below to support young people with independent travel.

Independent Travel Training

Independent Travel Training Check List


Independent Travel Training Journey Plan


Get in touch - tell us what you think

Contact the Portsmouth Send Local Offer to gain help, get more information or to leave feedback about the website.

Get in touch