The Portsmouth Inclusive Education Quality Mark (PIE QM) is a self-assessment tool which enables you to identify strengths and areas for development in relation to inclusive education practice.
It has been developed in response to a need identified by schools. The work has been led by schools and overseen by the Inclusion Group, which is chaired by a secondary head teacher.
The PIE QM:
- Meets the requirements of the new Ofsted Framework and a focus on a more inclusive curriculum
- Recognises and celebrates settings with successful practice
- Enables us to identify and share good practice across the city
- Supports effective targeting of training and resources
- Provides effective tools / strategies to help schools become more inclusive and address increasing complexity
- Will support your planning to improve school attendance, attainment and progress
- Is designed to increase parental engagement
The PIE QM includes 10 standards:
- Welcoming school and ethos (includes access and environment)
- Leadership and management
- Behaviour and safeguarding
- Curriculum and opportunities
- Social and emotional health and wellbeing
- Teaching and learning
- Monitoring progress and attainment
- Participation of students and young people
- Partnerships with stakeholders (families, governors, community)
To find our more visit the Portsmouth Education Partnership Website.