Skip to content

Share this page

Share this article on Facebook Tweet this article on Twitter Share this article on Linkedin

Special post-16 settings and colleges

For some young people with complex needs and disabilites they may not be able to attend a mainstream college or sixth form.

In Portsmouth city we have a number of specialist colleges and settings that young people can attend to continue with their learning after secondary school.

This page explains the different options available and how young people can apply for a place at a specialist college or sixth form.

You can also search all of our services by visiting the information hub.

Special Schools offering post-16 learning in portsmouth city



Special courses and colleges in Portsmouth City



Special schools and colleges outside of Portsmouth City




Frequently Asked Questions

How does a young person apply for a special school or college for post-16 study?

Does a young person need an EHCP to apply for a place at a post-16 special school or college?

What happens if a young person does not get a place at a special school or college?

Get in touch - tell us what you think

Contact the Portsmouth Send Local Offer to gain help, get more information or to leave feedback about the website.

Get in touch