Healthcare services in Portsmouth for children 5 and under
In Portsmouth the majority of our healthcare services are provided by Solent NHS Trust.
Solent Child and Family services see children, young people and their families from 0-19 years (up to 25 years for young people with special educational needs or disability). They visit children and young people in their homes and the community e.g. family hub, school or college. Staff within their specialist services will often see children and young people at their clinics.
Solent NHS provide:
- Health Visiting services for children under five
- Specialist Health Visiting Teams such as the Family Nurse Partnership (FNP)
- School Nursing and Public Health Nursing (PHN) Services for children and young people aged 5-19 years
- Children’s therapies including Speech and Language Therapy, Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) and Psychological Services
- Community Children’s Medical Service who receive referrals from doctors, schools and hospitals
- Children’s Community Nursing services including support when your child is unwell and special packages of care for children with additional needs
- Looked After Children’s service – children who are placed in care
Safeguarding and Child Protection Services