Skip to content

Share this page

Share this article on Facebook Tweet this article on Twitter Share this article on Linkedin

For some children their needs may not be recognised until they reach early adulthood.  Some young people may also identify that they might have needs themselves and want to find out how they can be assessed for certain conditions and disabilities.

Once a young person reaches 18 they come under Adult services and would no longer be supported by paediatric or children’s services.

To see a full list of adult health services in Solent please click on the link below.

Service Results | Solent 

To see a list of Adult social care services click on the link below:

Adult social care – Portsmouth City Council 

Information on Adult Social Care Assessments can be found by clicking on the link below:

Adult social care assessment – Portsmouth City Council 

Assessments routes for different types of needs in Portsmouth

How can a young person over 18 get an assessment for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) or Autism?

The ASD and ADHD Service for Hampshire provides diagnosis and support for adults with Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) across Hampshire. Our model of diagnosis and care is well established and refines the proposals made in the 2011 Autism Act.

Referral Process

Referrals to the service are only accepted from health and social care professionals, including community mental health teams, GPs, and adult social care. To be referred for an assessment please speak to your GP.

Referrals for Autism:

Referrals for ADHD:

Contact Details

Dickson House Medical Centre,
Crown Heights,
Hampshire RG21 7AN,
United Kingdom

Telephone: 01256 361 180

For more information click on this link : 

Get in touch - tell us what you think

Contact the Portsmouth Send Local Offer to gain help, get more information or to leave feedback about the website.

Get in touch