Portsmouth Reads – PEP Teaching and Learning Conference
Portsmouth Marriott Hotel, Southampton Road, North Harbour
Early bird tickets currently available £85+VAT
The conference has been designed and organised to inspire leaders, teachers and practitioners who are passionate about the teaching of reading in Portsmouth.
Our first keynote speaker session focuses on ‘Inspirational Leadership’ with the second keynote led by an award-winning author. Workshop choices mean that there is something for everyone along with prizes and giveaways!
Workshop sessions include:
- Reading and pupils with EAL: the strengths they bring to reading, overcoming EAL-specific barriers and the importance of representation in books
- Implementing Destination Reader
- Improving Literacy from primary through to secondary: What does the evidence suggest are the best bets?
- ‘I really want to read: Engaging parents in reading with their children’
- Supporting struggling readers in secondary
- Sensory impairment and reading
- Phonics progression to support reading and spelling
- Ready to read!
There will be free parking, free Wi-Fi, morning/afternoon refreshments and a hot/cold buffet style lunch.
For more information please contact email@example.com.