Portsmouth Local Offer

For children, young people and their families with a special educational need or disability.

Rose Road - Community Based Support

Address: Rose Road - Community Based Support, Rose Road Association, Frank Sorrell Centre, Prince Albert Road, Southsea, PO4 9HR

rose road logo

Brief description of what services your organisation offers:
The Rose Road Association has been working with disabled children and young people in Hampshire for over 60 years. Our family centred approach to the Community Based Support Service will enable children and young people to spend quality time at home, or in the community, whilst parents and carers have some quiet time or spend time with siblings.  Our Coordinator will come and visit you first to understand your needs and learn more about your child or young person, we will then carefully match your child to a skilled and trained support worker. We will support your child/young person to choose activities and provide safe and friendly support that will make a positive difference to you and your family.
Where the service is provided - please state if City wide or locality based:
The service is for parents of children living within PO1 - PO6
What  the organisation provides - types of interventions and support:
  • The Community Based Support Service is for disabled children and young people aged 5-18 years, up to a maximum of 40 hours per year within the home or to access community activities.
  • .
Eligibility Criteria:
These services are for families as set out in the Portsmouth City Council Short Breaks Short Breaks Statement.  Please visit the Portsmouth Local Offer website.
Quality standards and expected outcomes for children and young people and their families accessing your service:
All workers will be matched to families through our personal assessment process.  Hours will be provided on a planned basis agreed between you and Rose Road and the service operates between 6am – midnight.  All staff are DBS checked and our services are regulated by the Care Quality Commission.  
How can this service be accessed?
This is a referral process so please contact the Short Breaks Officer at Portsmouth City Council on 023 9268 8842 or shortbreaks@portsmouthcc.gov.uk.  We would be delighted if you choose to work with the Rose Road team.

How and who to make a complaint to:We hope that as a user of our services, a user of our facilities or anyone who works with Rose Road you find that we provide high quality care and support.  However, If you do wish to make a complaint about our services this will be treated seriously and promptly.

Website:  https://www.roseroad.org.uk/


Tel: 023 8072 1234

Service Category: Care, Leisure

Print | |